How does the wicked witch melt?

Favorite Answer

I'm assuming that you're asking about the trick to the movie and/or the musical...if not then excuse my assumption.

But I know that in "Wicked" the musical, the Wicked Witch (Elphaba) melts via a trapdoor that lowers down under the stage, which the audience can't see due to the curtain, which allows us to only see the shadow of her melting.

In the movie and musical versions of "The Wizard of Oz" I'm assuming that's pretty much the same trick, except without the curtain and shadow trick.

Like in the movie, I'm guessing that when she was splashed with water, and started to melt, there was a trapdoor below her that slowly lowered her down into the floor of the set. If you notice that her dress was so long that it covered the area she stood on...I believe that was hiding the trapdoor. That, and a lot of dry ice smoke combined with the camera angle created the melting.

Source(s): Wicked: The Grimmerie My experience My brain and my intuitive skills

The wicked witch melts when she is doused with water from a bucket in The Wizard of Oz.

Well in the Wizard of Oz she is doused with water by Dorthy, which causes her to melt with steam arising from the bottom up. In Wicked (the musical) she pretends to melt, but in fact used a trap door to escape so she could run away with her love.

She gets water thrown on her by Dorthy who was trying to put a flame out. She starts scremaing 'I'm melting' and she metls from the feet up - which makes no sense since the water was thrown into her face/chest. Poor witch

Water

From the bottom up!

WATER!!!!OOOhhhh im melting, im melting!