Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

i'm looking for a really SWEET cheap wine?!?

i don't like the bitter wines, and i know NOTHING about wine. what's an inexpensive kind that's really sweet, but not like arbor mist or boone's farm (like the "wine flavored" kind).

i've tried yellow tail merlot (YUCK), reisling relax (yum!) and right now i'm trying some cheap kind...twin valley white zinfandel (it's pretty good).

thanks!

Favorite Answer

Put the cork down and back away slowly...hands behind your head!

Wines are not bitter; they are dry. Sweet wines are late or ice harvested, aged for many years and extremely expensive. There is no such thing as cheap and yummy sweet wine.

Either choose now to educate your palate and drink fine wine (which does not have to be expensive, there are many extremely fine $10 bottles out there), or condemn yourself to the netherworld of pink girly drinks and Mogen David.

• Lynda3 years agoReport

If you're looking for an inexpensive sweet wine, I highly recommend Yosemite moscato, mostly all of the 711 stores carry this for $4.99, and right now they have a special, 2 bottles for $8.00 hope this helps😊

Really SWEET Cheap Wine On

http://amzn.to/1Uch6Fk

.

I am not big on white wines, more of a red drinker so the 2 I suggest are both reds.

Carol Rossi makes a very sweet inexpensive line of wines, the Blush and also the Sangria are really good. Red wine is usually served room temp, but if you chill it it tastes sweeter.

Have A happy new years!

I love sweet wine! I get them pretty cheap at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=se...

My favorite are the sweet bliss wine, which are made pretty sweet and tasty. I don't like bitter wine, especially when its expensive. If you get wine in a pack, you'll save even more. If you don't like shopping online, try the local wine stores like Bevmo if they are located in your area and compare prices.

Sangria is soooo good! I thought I hated all wine until I ordered that at a Latin American restaurant and now I can't wait to have it again. This particular one had apples, orange slices, blueberries and pineapple in it, but you can buy it with fruit juice blended into it.

• Floogins5 years agoReport

Don't know if this matters, but Sangria is NOT wine. It's a mixed drink.

Martini and Rossi asti spumanti

Or try this site: Top 10 Dessert and Ice Wines

Any riesling is gonna be pretty sweet. If you like RELAX, you will really love Moselland Arsvitis or Mirrassou Riesling.... Both are around the price range of the relax but are a lot sweeter and a lot smoother... Good Luck....JJ

Blue nun- Germany $6-$7 per bottle extra sweet

Source(s): Wine Enthusiast

St James Winery in Missouri produces a sweet blackberry which is very sweet and delicious.

I was gonna say boones...butr obviously you don't like that. Ernest

and Julio Gallo Sierra Valley- white zinfandel.

Asti Spumante is a nice fruity, sparkling wine that's not too pricey.