promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is John Hinckley ( the man who attempted assasination on President Reagan) still alive or has he passed away?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some insight into his life here. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/reagan/peopleevents/p...

At his criminal trial, Hinckley presented evidence that he was suffering from a mental disease and that his criminal actions were the result of that disease. On June 21, 1982, the jury found Hinckley not guilty by reason of insanity. The district court then committed Hinckley to St. Elizabeth's Hospital, where he has remained to this day.

He has not been released fully yet, but he is allowed visits outside the hospital.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

He's still up under the high-priced psych ward, but his parents are rich - so now he gets weekend and holiday visits with his parents. He is definately alive and kicking.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he is alive. a fairly recent report showed that he had visitation right to visit his parents on passes. if he behaves he will get released before long if he hasn't already. i think his full release would be in the news. i haven't seen that. i think i would have caught that. he must still have a screw loose i think.

• 1 decade ago

He passed out of Haldol asphyxiation. He didn't know pleading insanity would subject him to chemical warfare at St. Elizabeth's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Alive

Last I heard he was trying get out on weekend passes and live with his family

• 1 decade ago

He is alive and still incarcerated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

alive and on the loose

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

oklatom gave the most complete and accurate answer

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's still alive.

www.wikipedia.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he's alive....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.