Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Help with Windows 2000 proffesional?

Ok I just plugged in a headset into my old computer and I restarted my computer ,but it doesn't give me and option to turn on the volume. I put what brand ofcomputer I have up at the top, and would really like some advice

Favorite Answer

Well, the brand didn't come through, but here's what I can think of offhand:

1) Check that there's an audio card driver loaded - Windows 2000 was often configured without the audio driver, as it was intended for work environments. If you know what type of sound card is in the system, you can probably download the driver from the manufacturers website.

2) Go to the Control Panel and check the Audio controls - it is possible that it's muted. There may also be a small speaker icon on the lower right button bar - click on it to open the volume control.

well try these plug u headphone in ur cd rom. If that doesn't work try plugging it in the back of ur compt. If that doesn't work either try going in ur control panel 2 ad r remove try 2 add it ur head set