How do I find a USB wireless adaptor that works with Macintosh OS 9 - to hook my imac to a wireless network?

I am getting high speed internet in my home, and I need to hook up an older imac to the network.

Favorite Answer

Hello Kairos73,

Some of the iMacs had the capability of installing an Airport card inside of them. That would give you wireless capabilities. It would be a lot faster than trying to send all that Internet information through that sllloooooowwww USB connection.

This will probably not work with the Airport Extreme cards that Apple sells now, so you will have to investigate getting the older ones. You need to get to a Macintosh store, or find a local Macintosh users group.

Also, hey, Kairos73. Join the 21st century and dump Mac OS 9 and get with Mac OS X. You won't regret it. You will wonder why you've never upgraded earlier.

--Rick

It's tough, as so few drivers are written for Mac. When I had to buy one I bought it online from MacMall. Since all the stuff is for Mac, you ensure that it will work. Just make sure it isn't OS X only.

You can try this

http://guide.apple.com/action.lasso?-database=maco...

Any chance you can upgrade to OS X, this would broaden your horizons.

go to a shop that does pc's and they will tell you which one will fit

google the hell otta it

Source(s): google