Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did Mister Rogers do a similar program back in the 1950s?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I looooooved Mister Rogers. I think his show started in the 60's..I'm not sure about any early shows, but maybe so.

• 1 decade ago

As reported on CNN:

Rogers began developing his ideas for children's programming in the 1950s. He is best known for "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," which began in its early form in 1963 as a show on the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Rogers took the idea to the United States and in 1967, the first "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" aired on Pittsburgh's WQED. A year later, PBS picked it up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In 1954, he began working at WQED, a Pittsburgh public television station, as a puppeteer on a local children's television series, The Children's Corner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_rogers#Televis...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • </33
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

no but he was on tv durin that time

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.