need answers fast from guys who work on cars, anyting can be emailed to me bout geo storm '93 sparkplugs/wires

husband is working on geo storm and needs to know what kind of plugs he needs and where he can find a picture of the layout of the wire connections - here autozone don't carry anything not even a chilton's manul and wal-mart either - oriley's is closed need some kind of help if u could e-mail us a picture from a chilton's book that would be great just of the plugs and wire arrangement thanx sooooo much to whom ever can help 1993 Geo Storm - thinks its a 2 x 2

automatic too

Favorite Answer

The firing order is 1-3-4-2 and the dist turns counterclockwise and #1 is on the pass end of the engine. Im looking up the spark plugs now.... The NGK plug number is.....BPR6ES-11

• flywho

has he already taken the old wires off?

If not, leave them on and replace them one by one.

Autozone can and will tell you what the firing order is for your type vehicle. You need to know how many cylinders. To find that out, just count the number of plug wires.

Autozone can also tell you what kind of plugs you need. They have comparison charts in the store that tell you the gap your plugs need to have.

You don't need a Chilton's manual for that, it's simple enough and they will help you.

If your hubby has already taken the wires off, the new set of wires will always start with Number 1 cylinder. On a 4-cylinder engine, this will be the one in front. The firing order is usually 1-3-4-2, so the next wire goes to the third plug, the next to the 4th plug and the last to the 2nd plug.

I don't remember the firing order for 6- and 8-cylinder engines, but I KNOW the Autozone guys can help you.

Just ask you specific questions instead of trying to buy a manual.

Need any more help, email me.

Oh, and sorry, I'm not a guy working on cars but a woman who has worked on my own and friends'.