Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Do you think most people marry someone they really love?

Or just settle for someone they can tolerate for the sake of not being alone?

• Favorite Answer

I think most people marry people that they love, however with the divorce rates the way they are, there is obviously a thin line between love and hate. A lot of people rush into marriage without really getting to know their significant others' "true personality" which doesnt really start showing until the "honeymoon" is over. A lot of people do not learn to appreciate each others differnces

It is the same with dating- it really takes a while before a person is really comfortable enough with each other to "let their hair down" so to speak.

Communication is the key to any relationship- being able to communicate your feelings, desires, wants, needs, etc

a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons- like connecting and vibing sexually. and having that be the basis of their relationship, then once that slows down after marriage it leads to infidelity. once again because of the lack of communication.

Unfortunately, sometimes people do settle for people for the fear of being alone.

To each his own....

Life is way to short to live miserably, for even one minute.

I think a lot of people settle because they're comfortable in a relationship and don't want to start over with someone new.

Most settle

LOVE! Most people could not marry someone they did not love.

Yes, most of my friends married for love. But they don't always KNOW the person they marry! lol

yea in some way that's true..It starts off with love but after dealing with various issues things change...

I would hope that you would marry for love and not just a conveinence.

NO I DON'T