New years party help?

I am going to a new years party tonight and I don't really know alot of people. What should I do to feel more comfortable around all of these people I don't know? What should I do if I don't know what to say or have nothing to do, with out looking rude?

• Abu
    Favorite Answer

Get really drunk, eat as much as you can and split before anyone tries to talk to you.

I presume you know at least a few people, so it's not THAT bad.

When you first get to the party, it's your chance to meet people. If you have a decent host/hostess, get intros to as many people in the first few minutes as possible. Remember one thing about at least six or eight of them if you can. That'll serve as the basis for conversation starters later.

Wherever the food is, that's the place people gravitate toward when they're bored or lonely. Do the same. Know your intro lines. Have fun.

To get comfortable, MEET people. Ask them their name and say, "My name is _____." Shake their hand and say, "Nice to meet you,_____." Ask them questions like how they are doing, what their favorite music is, etc. Then, find other people to meet. Find people who look just as uncomfortable as you do and then jump in and make the first move. If you don't know what to say, just think about those tips I gave you about asking them questions like to get to know them. If you have nothing to do and get a little bored, just have a drink or something and relax until you are ready to meet new people or chat with the people you already met.

Lastly, don't forget to ENJOY the party-whether you decide to meet new people or not.

Good luck and have fun!

Just look hot and have fun and they will come to you lol. I know this from experience i didn't kow anyone and ended up being the talk of the party and in the middle of it. i had guys fighting over me lol. so anyway go have fun!!!

• whynot

go there acting or looking confident. be outgoing make your rounds and talk to people don't stay in the corner because you don't know anybody. for me its easy to do it helps if you know current events because if something comes up in a conversation you can voice your opinion and have a conversation take off from there. but most important just be yourself, and be funny

Look sexy... Tight little dress and no underwear... And get drunk!!! :D

HAVE A FEW DRINKS

THEN YOU WILL OPEN UP