Have you ever used the membership club "DirectBuy"?

I am considering buying a membership to DirectBuy www.directbuy.com

The membership cost is hundreds of dollars and they only give you once chance to join the club. I'd hate to give my money to someone who seems so "execlusive" but, according to the commercials people are savings tens of thousands by joining.

Favorite Answer

You can save thousands, just like they say in the ads. BUT you can also save thousands by getting good prices at any retailer. Who in their right mind buys things at retail price without shopping around? Directbuy bases their savings on overinflated prices. Does that mean it's bad? No, but just know what you're getting into. You're not going to find the cheapest stuff there, but you may really like what they have, and they may be the exclusive seller of that item.

Other random thoughts: they are really annoying with all the phone calls and badgering to get you to go listen to their sales pitch. Also, any company that high pressure sells you things "at this one time only" is a scam in my opinion.

• aussie

membership plus shipping = no savings