Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Is it okay to finish college at 25?I?

I just turned 24 and have a year of college left. I started college

at 18 but I had a series of unfortunate events that kept me from

finishing.

Well my head is on straight and have a year to go. Is 25 too

old to finish college?

Favorite Answer

Congratulations!! You are never too old to finish college. Often you get much more benefit from college when you are a little older - you appreciate it more. Your age is no big deal. I have a friend who has just started college at 43 and another who finished in his thirties. One of our daughters finished her first degree when she was 27. Age is just a number.

That's awesome that you are actually finishing, I know a lot of people that have just given up on the college idea after having some rough times. Keep up the good work and don't worry about being considered "old." No employer is going to care that you are a bit older than the average graduate.

Nope. Even 125 is not too old to finish college - especially if it's something your'e interested in. Some of us have the money, time, energy & focus at 18, some of us take a while longer.

On one of the e-mail lists I'm on, one very seasoned professional (I think she's in her 50s) has decided to go back and get another degree. More power to her - and you. Good luck!

I think it's a very good idea. Work is overrated. Staying at home with the children is a lot less stressful than trying to 'juggle'. You may have a tough time finding a man who wants this though. Nowadays most men expect women to go out to work as well as doing all the domestic labour. This is the feminist ideal, as preached by Betty Friedan in 'the Feminine Mystique', and men have embraced it enthusiastically. We are all supposed to be like women in peasant societies nowadays, toiling unceasingly both outside and inside the home.

• Molly

Wow! That's actually young now a days. My boyfriend didn't even start college until he was 25 and he will finish in 1 year and he will be 30. Don't sweat it. Congratulations!!! Finishing is a big accomplishment.

Oh boy. You don't even want to know how long I've been in and out of school. Believe me, a lot of people start after 25. Start. It depends on you how you pull it off as far as employment and whatnot goes. I'd be aware though that depending on who you meet, you might have some explaining to do. People are going to know why it took you 7 years instead of 4. It's really none of their business, but depending on the person you're dealing with, they may want to know. They might wonder if they give you a project if you're going to take long on that too.

• Joy M

No, you should finish college at whatever pace you're able to. If some uncontrollable events have prevented you from finishing in the standard four years, there's nothing you can do about it. The important thing is that you will finish college.

NO it's never to late to graduate from college. I commend you for going back and finishing. Hang in there the light is at the end of the tunnel! Remember education is something they can never take from you!! And if you want to pursue a higher degree when you're done go for it!!

It is never too late. My dad didn't even go to college in America, and where he did go to college he went to a crummy one. He bought a 2500 square foot house at the age of 35 worth $650,000 and drives a $40 grand Lexus

is this a joke. 25 and finishing college that is great . good for you.

finishing college at 99 or 112 is great .

keep up the good work and i hope you have a year with less troubles then you have been having.