What is the difference between Windows XP Home and XP Professional?

Favorite Answer

For Joe User, the answer boils down to 3 things:

1) No Remote Desktop.

2) No Encrypting File System.

3) No Offline Files or Folders

There are some other, more technical, differences that don't matter to 90% of the users out there. Further reading can be done at the source.

• floy

XP abode omits particular purposes which would be significant for corporation use yet oftentimes not for abode use: this additionally keeps the working gadget much less complicated. XP abode omits company administration purposes (like team coverage), the risk-free practices is greater elementary, networking is greater constrained (you may't connect an internet site). maximum abode clientele won't omit any of those issues (unlike Vista the place usually used constructive properties are faraway from the abode variations). for an entire checklist and greater unique explanation the source link below is to Microsoft's website's website in this subject rely.

I was reading a list of differences. I wish I could send you the list, but I can't. From what I read professional is more geared toward someone that is on the go and needs to access there network anywhere. For example from a laptop on a plane or just another computer. I hope this helps.

Source(s): Me

Wow, you've been getting lame answers !!

The difference is in the software package included with the purchase. The Professional version will have Microsoft Office, while the Home version will have Micrsoft Works. Bottom line, you get more software (like Excel) with the Professional version.

• .PANiC

Pro is built more for the workspace, because it has features like remote administration, where home doesn't. Home can only legally be used on one PC, where Pro legally can be used on three. There are other miscellaneous things but for the most part they are the same.

They are just geared for different things. Home is made for Home use and Professional is geared more for office and workplace use. You will find them to be quite similar though.

professional is better for offices and home businesses and home is just to like play around on the internet and email people

im sure that in home you get microsoft works where you get a word processor and spreadsheet.

and professional gives microsoft office which has; powerpoint, word, publisher, access, excel, and a newer outlook express.

The amount of computers you can put it on and keep bill happy.

Home - 4 computers I think

Pro- 400

their features... like ... you can't have certain things in Home because you need PRO... but it doesn't work the other way around.... what a cheat