Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

What's the Controversy with James Brown's Wife/Companion?

Were they really married or not? And was there a fight at his funeral or are those just rumors. Is she locked out of the house? And by whom? Lawyers? His children?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Supposedly she was married when they got "married". When she divorced the guy they never remarried to make it legal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They were never legally married...their marriage was annulled because at the time she was married to someone else. I don't know if she and this unknown spouse ever got a divorce. She was locked out of James Browns house because of legal issues of dealing with the estate....doesn't want her to take anything that wasn't listed for her to receive in Brown's will. This was done by the lawyers of Brown. She claims she has nowhere to go but the lawyers said she has a house down the street that she lives in when she's not staying over at Brown's place.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she was locked out the house on tuesday and etc , in nyc she wasn't let u p on stage to say anything at the memorial. She wasn't invited to his funeral . In his money hungry adult kids eyes she isn't his wife , but if they were common law she was his common law wife not his legal document wife. You understand thats why u need to make assurances that if you and your mate are gonna be common law that he or she will be taken care of if you're taken away in death off the face of this earth. So its just the being because his adult offspring are only in it for his money but they have a rude awakening because the chief James Brown already has everything notarized and changed over and he made plans that his will would be done right. So believe me its not gonna be pretty at the Will reading . James Brown never half stepped with his career so way would he half step with his funeral, WIll, Life insurance policies and etc. So stay tuned to the Insider to keep u updated of how ugly its gonna get later. To tell u the truth they tripping on more or less cause shes white and they are angered at him for being with that lady or maybe he cheated on there black mother with that lady , but theres alot of anger from them and they no that if he was alive they'd wouldn't even treat her like that or this much they wouldn't even be coming around him . They may have loved there father , but they are money hungry vultures etc. Look how Tori Spelling mother is treating her. When someone dies you should just except that person they loved and let go of the animosity . But money brings out the worst in ppl when a the head of the family dies. My mother and her siblings had that drama when there mother died. People become ugly at funerals and try and put on the best performance of who can out cry or out faint one another. The only funeral I've ever been to were there wasn't no drama was my in laws they behaved with dignity and no one was fighting and etc. It all boils down to the class of the family and dignity and respect of the individuals etc. during the funeral.

Source(s): its all about the money most of them kids didn't really have astrong healthy relationship with there father. To me its ugly and hateful how there behaving because they are looking at how much will be divided down the line in the inheritance so right now there acting like vultures. An what would be sad is if nothings lefted to none of the adults but the money is lefted to the child of his common law wife and what other countless other kids he had
  • 1 decade ago

The family lawyer locked her out of the mansion. He states that she was married when she married James Brown.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • robee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The thing is that she was supposed to be married to someone else when she married James. She is locked out until this question is settled.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

She is not legally divorced from her previous husband...so therefore they were not legally married.. They have not lived together for 2 years.cuz once he found out they separated...so i don't understand why she came to his house after his death when they have been apart for so long..makes you think huh...And anyway the house was left to the children....No i live in Augusta and there was nothing reported about a fight..

• 1 decade ago

probably not, she was probably common-law, probably not, yep she was locked out of the house, lawyers of children. Hope he has a will and a living trust.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she was locked out of house by his lawyers.............she hadnt seen james brown in 2 weeks before he died because she was gone on vacation

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

His family (older children) tossed out the mother of his youngest child because the mother is younger than the rest of his children.

• 1 decade ago

$

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.