I am trying to locate individuals with the following last names?

I am desperately trying to locate my ancestors so that I can create a viable family tree for my family. No one seems to know where my family originated from. My mother's maiden name is Toran. My father's and my last name is Sinegar. Do you know anyone with this last name and do you know the origin of either? I believe Toran is Irish or Italian, I have no clue on Sinegar.

Favorite Answer

The best source of Genealogy is the Mormon records. The Mormon records of Genealogy are open to anyone... who seeks knowledge into their family genealogy. Go to the closest library that has computer access and ask the librarian to help you access the LDS or Mormon Genealogy records of information... and go from there. If you know any Mormons, you could ask them for help... they would love to help you enter your search and they would help you learn how... Good Luck!

TORAN There are many African Americans from NC and Alabama with this last name. First, is someone from NC born 1815. So IF you are Creole or Mixed than You might have alot of luck with this surname. WHat is your fathers and his fathers name place of birth ect. I think you are going to have some luck on this side of the family tree. But I would need to know which Ethnicity your family Identifies with and states they may have lived in.

Sinegar is Swiss. At least the individuals that had this surnmae in the mid 19th century stated they were from Swiss. Others lived in Penn.

Middle East

Source(s): ask at a university

Toran is originally spelled Torrain among others. It is of Scottish origin. Sinegar I think is of either English or German origin. Im not sure. You can find about the Toran (Torrain) at www.houseofnames.com.

Try punching in kissin cousins in your search bar---and put in one last name at a time. If you are from the South East it may be very hard to find out any thing. It took me 8 years to find out any thing on my great grandfather and that was very sparce. Wish you luck.

Do you know if your grandparents or came over through Ellis Island to the US? Even if not true, they have a website which lists all their immigrants, You might get a clue from there.

This is the "Toran" board on Rootsweb:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.toran/mb.ashx

This is the "Sinegar" board:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.sinegar/mb.ash...

If you post your queries there you might get some answers.