Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What happens when you take percocet for recreational purposes?

Some friends of mine have been taking percocet for fun, and i wanted to know why they would do this, how does it make you feel, etc. Has any one done this? Why do they find it enjoyable?

Favorite Answer

It gives you and energetic, euphoric feeling, and your self confidence is boosted while your inhibitions are lowered.

be careful and please don't mess with this stuff. My husband took it recreationaly, and now he is a methadone patient (from Percs to Oxy to heroin - they are all the same derivative).

Beg your friends to stop. It is ONE bad road to go down.

Percocet tablets (Oxycodone with acetaminophen)

It was once thought that opioids would be less subject to recreational (ab)use when one or more additional analgesics are added, since, for example, the amount of paracetamol present in higher doses of Percocet causes stomach upset and liver damage. However, it has been demonstrated that abusers seeking the euphoric "high" are not deterred by these potential side effects or toxicities. (Similar to that of heroin & morphine)

Source(s): www.wikipedia.com
  • Avis

I think that is how i started to self-harming as well, i was only in jr high...i currently use X-Acto blades as well. I first start cutting my inner arms, but then my parents found out so i start cutting near my inner legs and stomach (they think i'm 'cured' from cutting). It only bad because it is a way of dealing with emotions in a negative way.

Percocet is a painkiller. It basically makes you feel doped out of your mind. I believe it is addictive, not a good idea to take. If you take any drug too much and too often, it will eventually ruin your liver. I suggest disassociating yourself from these friends before they become addicted to worse drugs because the high they get from those pills isn't enough anymore.

• Cammie

A big problem is that if you become immune to pain killer drugs, they won't work when you really need them.

Not a great idea.

Do not drive in a car with anyone who is high on anything driving.