I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have been having period like cramps is that normal?

• Favorite Answer

I had cramps at around 5 weeks. As long as their not worse than your normal period and their is not a heavy blood loss then it should be fine, When i asked my doctor they said it was normal. It is very scary but i was told its your body growing for the baby. Please ask your doctor if your worried though. im 8 weeks now and it dont get less worring.

What i did to ease some of my worrys is use a search engine and read articles on it.

Congratulations by the way, i hope you have a great new year , its so exciting!

I am now 11 weeks pregnant and I am still having period like cramps. Its perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. If you are in severe pain or the cramping comes with bleeding, you need to see your dr.

I have heard that is normal with some people, but if the cramps worsen and you start to bleed please go to the emergency room. Best of luck to you and have a Happy New Year!!!

Presuming you have already been to a doctor and both of you have had blood tests, it could be normal.

A question such as this might save you a few bucks for a doctor visit, but Answers may not be the best place to pose such a question. Highly suggest you pay your doctor a visit.

The Ol' Sasquatch Ü

As long as you are not bleeding and they don't get worse than your period cramps, I wouldn't worry.

yes, its normal. some people even have there period the 3rd or 4th month.

call your doctor