Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

If my father hit me with his fist about 3/4 times and then threathened to break my finger, is that child abuse

is it?

Favorite Answer

That is terrible, and yes, it's child abuse. Making threats like that are not only emotionally abusive, if he does it, it's physically abusive. Punching you is *not* acceptable behavior from a parent, either, disciplinary or otherwise. I suggest you call a social worker.

Sweetheart the first hit with the fist was child abuse.Just remember if you turn him in all the things that will happen.First you will be removed from the home and if u have relatives that will take u then u will go there.Then he will come up on charges for child abuse. I think what he did was awful but I want u to know what u are getting into. Plus where is your mom and is he doing the same thing to her. I wish u all the luck hon.

Well that is difficult to call. A threat is not child abuse unless it goes to the next level and actually happens. As far as being hit, was it for something that you did that you were not suppose to do? Is this something that happens on a regular basis or was it a once in a lifetime sorta thing?

Yes it is definately child abuse. No one should be allowed to hit any other person except in self defense.

Call the cops and report him.

YES IT IS ABUSE AND HE NEEDS

TO GO TO JAIL. ALSO YOUR MOM TOO, IF ALL SHE DID WAS STAND THERE AND LOOKED AND DID NOTHING TO PROTECT YOU. HOW ANY WOMAN CAN LET SOME MAN MISTREAT AND ABUSE HER CHILD IS A MYSTERY TO ME!

Please, please, please!!!!! Get some help. Go to the police yourself. Go to your teachers. Go to a religious leader of your faith. DO NOT STOP UNTIL YOU GET SOME HELP.The dept of Social Services WILL take you out of this situation. You DO NOT DESERVE THIS. NO ONE has the right to HURT you.

Believe me, either get help now, or when you reach about 40 you're gonna be so messed up emotionally you're gonna need major therapy. (Ask me how I know?)

Yoli

Yes, and you should probably talk to someone about this. Go to a school counselor or child protective services as soon as you can and they will deal with this issue.

Yes, although if you are over 18 then it doesnt count as child abuse.

Ummm.... Yeah! If someone physically touched you in a harmful way that would def. be considered abuse. Not to mention if he threatened to break your finger that would be considered mental abuse.

It's not only child abuse it's inhuman. If this was my dad, I'd look him stright in the eye and tell him you had better kill me because if you harm me in anyway from now on your going to jail.

Yes, report it to the childline in your state. But be prepared for your father to be angrier when he is confronted with this.