Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

How much do you usually spend on your kid's goody bags for parties?

I feel like I spent more on that than the party itself. Im going cheap next year.

Sandra-what kind of things do you think I put in the bags?

Favorite Answer

Maybe $30 for 8 bags. I go to the dollar store and buy party favors and candy. I also like oriental trading company. They have favors that you can buy by the unit (which is usually 12 items in the bag) for real cheap.

You can go to the dollar store and get about 10$ worth of crappy little toys and party favors plus a couple bags of candy. If you want to do something that the kids will enjoy more than some crappy dollar store toys that will just end up in the trash then just spend a few dollars more and get them all a 5$ gift card at McDonalds. Birthday parties are way spendy so I told my kids that I would either give them a party or buy them presents and we could go do something as a family. Both of my boys chose to spend family time bowling or a video arcarde and wanted me to buy the gifts because I get better things than the guests at party's do anyway.

you can pick up cheap toys from the $stores there's about 6 in a pack I wouldn't get candy, the truth is the kids will have lost them by the end of the night anyways and most kids get enough during the year. I would go cheap on gift bags spend the rest on your kids presents or whatever.

Proportional to the party. If I go cheap on the party, I go heavy on the goodie bags. Home party = big goodies. I just had a party for my son at an indoor water park = no goodies.

Hope that helps.

Forget the goodie bags, they are not good for kids anyways. Just give the girls a cheap silver bracelet and the boys a few hot wheels. That is cheaper and they will like it more than the goodie bags.

what I do is I personalize the gifts with ther names on it. One yr I did pails with there name on it and gave them some chalk. I get the pails at a craft store. This yr I did containers and stuffed them with candy and stickers. Last yr I did little garbage pails. They were my favorite. I am actually going to be starting a home business doing this as soon as I can. Try and go based on the theme. That may help as well. For girls little pony tail clips and baretts. Boys, tattoos and stickers. Go to the party places and they have a section for like .10 and up for stuff. Good luck. If you need help Email me. I love doing party favors for parties! Id spend about 3.00-5.00 each

I go to the dollar section of Target and pick 1 item for each child. Then I print out labels that say,

"Thank you for coming to my party." No candy, no bags, and everybody's happy. Last year was puzzles.

5 dollars for each goddybag i am not a mom but my mom does that

i use the dollar stores