Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I am around 10 weeks pregnant and have gained 4 lbs...?

Has anyone else gained weight this fast? Also this will be my third baby. I have an ultrasound on thursday. I really look like I could be having twins...I already have a belly showing. Please help!!

Favorite Answer

Well, for most pregnant women, weight gain in the early weeks is really due to over eating. I myself am guilty of this. I am also currently pregnant with twins (11 weeks) and though I feel about 4 months pregnant, I am not visibly pregnant yet. Is this is your first pregnancy? If not, do you feel more nauseas, more tired...generally more of everything? Twin pregnancy means there is more hormones circulating in your body and so symptoms are exaggerated.

If you really are having twins, you will know soon enough on your ultrasound.

Good luck.

It's normal to show sooner with each subsequent baby. When you have your first ultrasound, the doctor can tell you whether you are having twins. But I don't think gaining four pounds is abnormal at all for 10 weeks. It depends on many things, like your weight before you got pregnant, whether you are nursing your other child(ren), your general health, and other things.

You're within normal limits. Congratulations, good luck and enjoy your pregnancy!

You might just need to walk. That makes it easier when you have your baby. I actually lost weight for the first 2 months, and then started to show between the the 4th and 5th month. Every pregnancy is different. My sister in law showed by the end of the 1st month. Just relax and do not worry about your weight if you are pregnant. Worry about eating healthy.

I had that happen....I started showing at 6 weeks...everyone thought I was going to have twins..but only ended up with one baby...thank God...I can't imagine doing the twin business...

Also, remeber each pregnancy is different....and as you get older...your body does change....

You possibly could be retaining more water

I didn't gain any weight in my 1st trimester...but I ended up gaining 65 pounds!!! I don't know what I would do with twins! take care of your body, and if its twins be sure you have extra extra help when they come! especially if you have 2 other kids at home!!

you could be retaining water. ask your doctor about how much to gain. are you eating or drinking more?