On the day my divorce becomes final, what are common emotions I can expect? more...?

i just do not know what if anything to expect.

Favorite Answer

Emptiness, a little failure over what should have been, and just a big vague feeling that the spotlight is on you. These may or may not be valid, so just keep the day moving and get through it. Remember not to make any decisions or reactions of any consequence on that day.

Next day? This is the first day of the rest of my life. Get a move on! Zippedy Doo Dah, Zippedy Aye. My oh my, what a wonderful day.

Make sure the events and feelings of the day before are safely put away in the history category.

One more thing. On the rare chance that your X might call, decide beforehand if you will answer the phone or not and then stick with it. His feelings or manipulations are no longer your obligations to respond to.

If you're really looking forward to it, you'll feel elated. You might even have a little party with someone special if you know what I mean. Or it may just be another day of work. You'll be a free woman again. All the paperwork has been filed I hope? If something isn't quite right it may throw off the final date. It should happen six months after the filing date. So I figure about April -May time frame, you could be in a nice run that day. So you could possibly do your best time ever.

i Just went through a divorce this month . The day that it was final I felt relived but at the same time heart broken.. i kept thinking how did i get to this point..in my family divorce is looked down on except in certain cases that did not apply to me.I kept thinking what could i have done different. You will probably be a little upset or just not know how to feel, but that is ok. I still really care for my ex husband and sometimes i still fall into a depression but i try not to think about it and know that tomorrow is a new day and i will take it a day at a time and hopefully i will be over it. Good luck everything will work out.

Well I just filed for divorce a few days ago and had him served, (he's in jail, this is due to domestic violence, i had also have a temporary protective order against him) I no longer have any use for this individual, a part of me feels bitter and wished I could have done him in on the night of our fight. I am very anxious to get this over with, too bad I have do deal with this in a new year, but I am very eager to get this loser out of my life, as far as I'm concerned I am already telling people I am divorced its just a matter of paperwork. Once its finalized I am going to celebrate. But it depends on how your marriage ended and what led to the divorce that will determine your emotions.

The emotions we feel at times like this actually revolve around what the marriage was like for you. And if divorce was what you wanted.

For me, it was sad, hopes and dreams gone, happy, no longer had to put up with arguments. Elation as I could return to being myself (whoever that was) and sadness as I was on my own again.

The actual day of the divorce often is just about going to Court for final hearing so it is all business at hand and possible celebration with a friend. Or, it can be stamped by the Judge and you receive decree nisi in mail. I've had both, yes 2 divorces.

Whenever the emotional roller coaster ride happens just go with it as it is part of the healing, moving on experience.

And of course some people are so relieved all the stress is over they just feel relief and get on with their life.

There are no hard and fast rules here it is how the individual feels themselves.

One of the sad parts of divorce is the loss of some of your mutual friends. Some stay friends with your ex, some stay friends with you, some just lose contact with both of you. So it can affect your social network which can create feelings of loss.

Good luck in the next chapter of your life.

A lot of pain, because it's not suppose to be a natural thing to get a divorce unless you went into the marriage without loving that significant other. The best thing to do is try to become a friend of the significant other and please believe it's going to take some time to except the terms so don't feel that it's unatural to still feel hurt. One last thing, if you have not already done so, please read a book called the 5 love languages. My marriage was on the ropes until my wife and I both read the book, and things changed for us in a positive aspect. It may not work for you but I hope that you can take some good out of it!!!

• ?

I'm sure many people remember the general time at which their divorce became final. I think the most important thing to ponder on is your present and future. If you're still thinking about how great it was when your divorce became final it seems you may still have lingering feelings about it and haven't let the pain of it go.

an entire cornucopia of emotion can be expected. you may feel emancipated, sad, finality, a sense of being lost, regret, or just down right joy. Everyone reacts differently and the status of the marriage itself will effect this. Also if your life is somewhat together and you have moved on will help lessen all the negative feelings. Regardless of what happens, I will be here to just listen to whatever you have to say because sometime verbalizing these things can help.

Take Care,

JD

Depending on how long that you were married and what lead to the divorce and if the divorce was peaceful or not, you may be happy, relieved, sad, angry, hurt, disappointed, grateful, depressed.

Take this time to relax and get on with life. There is so much out there. Do things with your friends and family to help. Take time to meditate on the positive things. Don't get into another relationship until you know that you are ready.

You'll experience several different levels of emotional feelings throughout the day. What i recommend is that you get involved with something that will distract your thoughts from this unpleasant situation.

Above all don't feel as if you failed, rather hold your head up and feel as if you stood up for yourself, and now it's time to move on with your life.

Don't dwell on the past, nothing good will come of it. Rather look to the future in a positive light.

Life is an Adventure, Live it!!

Source(s): me a Professional mental health counselor.