faithful asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Do you think older women(59 +) should color their hair? Should they wear their hair long or short?

Favorite Answer

I think older people should do whatever they want to do to their hair. If somebody doesn't like the way it looks o-well. Older people probably think your hair looks stupid too so uh.

• Wendy

I think woman can color there hair at 59+ if they want to if that makes them happy and they feel good about there self that is all that matters. as for the length I would say short or a little past your shoulders.

Happy New Year!

Id say it depends on the woman. I've seen some older women who've colored their hair and it looks quite good. Others, well, it didn't work out so well. I think for length it depends on how thick the woman's hair is. A woman with thinner hair should keep it shorter (so it doesn't look stringy), but a woman with thick hair should be able to go as long as she wants, no matter her age. Actually, I think it looks nice on an older woman--certainly better than the little puffballs many older women have for hair.

Short hair is better and looks better on older people. And as for the color i think as long as it is a natural color that that is fine. go for it

They should do whatever they choose. They don't need to have people's acceptance if they want to wear their hair longer or dye it. I just don't see how or why that is anyone else's business, but their own. Colouring the hair will cover up the unwanted greys and make them look younger. HTH : )

If you dye your hair 59 + It makes you look younger.

Long hair is very pretty, but also put it in a bundle. ( It helps, I have long hair )

It also helps during winter.

Source(s): Dont go short.

I agree with basketball...Everyone should do whatever the hell they want as far as appearance goes. I am so sick of looking at a bunch of clones. Rules are for people with no taste or imagination that need someone to tell them what to do, of course I never wear white before June ha ha ha.

well if your older than 59 then u should be content with how u look and not have to worry about the color of your hair, if there are grand kids then probably cut short and perm it for their sakes

I think long hair is ok as long as it's not grey.

If it's grey and you have a full head of hair go ahead and get it colored.....

• ?

Past the age of about 20. Women cannot get away wearing their hair longer than their breasts. Bobs are in at the moment which are really cool and they look really smart too. Yes.. By all means colour your hair but get it done professionally.. The worst sight is dying you dark hair blonde for example and seeing those dark roots - eww!