Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Ten Point Question on Nihilism...?

Ten points goes to whoever can decsribe within one paragraph consisting of at least nine sentences the philosophy of Nietzsche...?

Favorite Answer

Nothing doing! Nietzsche died just after the new year 1900 totally mad...Maybe his philosophy wasn't what I'm looking for....But if I were this is what I would say:

We live in the world rather than a world beyond. Central to Nietzsche's philosophy is the idea of "life-affirmation," which involves an honest questioning of all doctrines which drain life's energies, however socially prevalent those views might be. Often referred to as one of the first "existentialist" philosophers, Nietzsche has inspired leading figures in all walks of cultural life, including dancers, poets, novelists, painters, psychologists, philosophers, sociologists and social revolutionaries. Hug that horse Nietzsche! So Nietzsche wasn't really a nihilist after all. SO did it in SIX! YES!

• ___

Nihilism is not an entirely accurate way of describing Nietzche's philosophy, at least the modern colloquial meanings of the word. Essentially, Nietzche's philosophy states that by will alone one can prevail. Who ever has the strongest will usually aquires what is in their desire to obtain. Survival of the fittest.

Although, this is not the specific subject of all his writings. Most of them deal with the dualistic nature of existance. I suggest reading The Birth of Tragedy (one of his first) which deals with the opposing forces of chaos and order. As he got older, his writings seemed to get more...bitter. But, you should read Thus Spake Zarathustra, Why I Am So Wise, & Beyond Good and Evil, all of which provide interesting insights into the man commonly credited as a proprietor of the belief in nothing.

Look it up on the internet and give me the ten points.LOOK UP NIETZSCHE AND NIHILISM ON THE NET.

Ten stinkin' Yahoo Answer points to do YOUR homework? I don't think so...but nice try Maynard

• cav

read on good and evil by nietzsche and write you paper yourself, cripes man

There's no point.