hermit crab eggs?

i lifted up one of my hermit crabs and there was this white stuff that looked like spit. is it eggs or not

• Betty
    Favorite Answer

Those are not hermit crabs eggs.

from http://www.crabzilla.net/

When hermit crabs mate, they stretch their bodies fairly far out of their shell, and a male hermit crab passes his spermataphor into a female crabs gonopores, fertalizing any eggs. Once the eggs are fertilized, the female hermit crab will attach the egg sac to her abdomen and keep it safe and moist inside her shell until she reaches the ocean. When the expectant mother reaches the ocean, she releases her egg sac into a tidepool, and her extremely tiny, fully aquatic larvae hatch. Land hermit crabs go through several molts in their aquatic stage before they ever even start to look like hermit crabs. When they are almost mature enough to come onto land, the hermit crabs start searching the ocean floor for tiny, tiny shells. Once they find one and come onto shore, they molt again and will lose their ability to survive solely under water and become truely terrestrial.

That is cool I had hermit crabs for like 6 years and that never happened. I guess that is possible.

I highly doubt it as it is rare for hermit crabs to breed in captivity, but I suppose it's possible.

If you look inside an egg you will see what could be called "living soup", its completely natural, it probably will live and it is an egg