Ladies who have seen Rocky Balboa: Did you like Mason "The Line" Dixon Did you think he was a cool adversary?

And do you think him having his own "Mickey" type manager humanized him more to make him more sympathetic to audiences?

• Flif
    Favorite Answer

It's really hard to think of Mason Dixon as anything other than just Antonio Tarver. I'm guessing you meant ladies who aren't fight fans. ;-D

I think he was alright as an adversary. I won't say great because anyone who goes into the ring without really respecting his opponent can't be great--no matter how washed up that opponent may be. I would have liked to see him fight more or train more. That's the only thing I would have payed attention to.

Either way, the movie was really about Rocky fighting himself. Dixon had the least build-up of any of Rocky's opponents and seemed to be thrown in there as an afterthought, which was really disappointing. It's okay, though, because I have some of Tarver's fights that more than make up for it. :)