Are there benefits to watering plants with energy drinks?

I'm doing a science fair project and I'm not really sure what to put in my introduction. I could use any help I can get. So, thanks to anyone who can attempt to answer this :)

Favorite Answer

Introduction..........hmmmm........OK, first what comprises energy drinks? Water and what else? What components in the energy drink give you energy? How does it work? Do plants have the same needs a humans.......water and what else? Could the energy drink be doing something to the soil that in turns affects the plants???

Good luck on your experiment!

• NolaD

I don't think should worry about the intro for the paper until you just do the experiment. Have one plant which you water with just plain water, one with plant food and another with the energy drink.

Watch them for a week or two then just write a report on your findings. Unless of course, you have hypothesis that energy drink will either help or hurt the plant. Then you should write that in your introduction.

Yes there are benefits, but not to the plants. The manufacturer and supplier of the energy drinks will make more money boosting their respective stocks.

You could posit that energy drinks are made for human consumption because of the muscle activity within humans runs counter to the energy expended, and they WAY energy is expended, in a plant....

Have three IDENTICAL plants with IDENTICAL soil. treat one with water only...one with energy drink only, and one with a 50/50 mixture of both energy and water...

Monitor their sunlight...darkness...temperature...

If you want to see other results, get more plants and more mixtures, varying sunlight, temperature, and perhaps other soil nutrients (crushed eggshells, treated soil vs. untreated, dirt from your home vs. dirt from the side of an interstate highway)...

The variables are reall limitless, but must be documented for accurate results...

And make the flowers something fun...but durable...

The seeds packages usually tell you how easy/hard it is to grow and maintain them...

AND THIS IS IMPORTANT...DON'T JUST THROW THEM OUT WHEN YOU'RE DONE....

try and keep them alive inside or outside or whatever

Respect the Scientific Method...

Just my Opinion

No. However, there is the odd idea of using aspirin water for some plants to help fend off disease. You take one or two aspirin of 250 - 300 mg. to one gallon of water to help against disease. It is also beneficial to use Epsom salts for magnesium weak plants or tea and coffee grounds for other plants such as roses.

Sugar loose is a few distance fit than those that have sugar. regularly those with sugar incorporate lots i do no longer understand how companies spoil out with the quantity of sugar they put in those. although i do no longer think of the 5-hour ability drinks have sugar in them so she's probable advantageous. yet there is an ability drink noted as one hundred eighty which has 30 grams of sugar -- 3.seventy 5 TABLESPOONS. that is loopy. would besides purely forego the drink and consume sugar.

it only benefits the ones who sold you the drinks.

yea you will need to plant new plants

Source(s): personal

I'm curious. Let me know your results.

No. It makes them really jittery.