promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Did super bowls I-IV really matter?

They merely were just exhibition games for bragging rights between the NFL and AFL- so was it really legitimate?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They mattered more than the Super Bowl does now. There were fewer playoff teams, making it harder to make it into the Playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it was a pivotal point in professional football history. Some of us old-timers remember how the upstart AFL, personified in Joe Namath.challenged the established NFL. If the AFL was going to survive as an organization and a business they would have to prove they could play with the big boys(Packers,Colts, Giants,etc). Look what happened to the USFL.

• 1 decade ago

If you are talking about the First Two Packers super Bowls and Namath's Upset, in Super bowl 3, and KC winning super Bowl 4, Think it was Legitimate.

• 1 decade ago

I think they really did matter, because they set the foundation for the Superbowl games that followed, so yes I think they were VERY important and do matter. Plus it's great NFL history.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea it was...because the Packers won the 1st 2 superbowls....Vince Lombardi was their coach and now the trophy is named after him...if the Packers didnt win the 1st 2 superbowls...it would be named something else...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Which superbowl has mattered

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You youngsters shouldn't put down the things you don't understand!!

Source(s): god nose
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.