Would you be freaked out if your girlfriend told you she had once been 80 pounds overweight?

Do you think this would make a difference in your relationship?

Favorite Answer

No, not freaked out..

Perhaps a bit concerned but it would make

no difference in the relationship...

I would remember to keep an eye on her weight

if we were to marry...

I hate these general relationship questions. Each situation is different. Each person is different. Each relationship is different. Every answer you get on here is probably not going to be how your b/f reacts. It depends on how you are in your relationship. No one can tell you that... unless they know you pretty well they can guess.

Now, a girl I date I probably wouldn't care. It might be facinating because I generally date skinny girls. And to think of one of the girls I dated to be 80 LBS over weight is hard to picture.

• Insane

Not at all!

The actual # of pounds anyone is over or under weight is irelevent.

some people look better with a few extra pounds, on some women 80 pounds over weight looks better than 10 lbs over weight on others.

I think that you should congratulate her on her success. Maybe she realized that she was not happy with herself and instead of others out there, she did something about it and became healthier in the process. As far as making a difference in the relationship...truly how do you feel about her? If that changes your opinion of her, then shame on you.

No. but I would be concerned that if the relationship went anywhere..further on down the road would she struggle with her weight again and let herself go. Like when she got older and had kids..etc..

• Krista

No, at first I would be surprised, but if their attracted to you now, it shouldn't make a difference. If you want this to be longterm you can't be hiding pictures of yourself for the rest of your life. Eventually he's going to find out. Just sit him down and tell him your nervous.

I guess if the guy knew you before and sees you now he would be impressed with your will power and determination. If she is detemined to keep the weight off then it is even better. BUt really has she changed her kindness, her heart, her caring? Probably not and you have judged her from the outside guys.

Why would it make a difference? I think it should give you a whole new respect for her because she lost the weight it shows she has wheel power and that goes a long way.

I think it depends on how superficial the boyfriend is. You can tell if he'd be freaked out or not based on his comments and demeanor in general. But for me, no I wouldn't.

No it would not freak me out, and no it should not make a difference in your relationship. why would it that makes no sense.