Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

whats a good time to run a mile if you're in a full out sprint? like 5 minutes?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes 4-5 min im in the army and we have to take physical fitness test. I run 12 min ,2 mile and Im just about sprintng the whole time

• 1 decade ago

the world record is 3 43, thats with sub 15 second 100 meter splits. if you run 4, 75 second 400 meters (75 second laps), thas a 5 min mile. you can relly run a mile in a full out sprint, most people have to pace themselves. If i run a 60 second 400 meter aiming for a 4 minute mile, it just wont happen, because i can only run about a 5 20 mile.

• 1 decade ago

You would have to be in real good shape to "full out sprint" a mile.

The mile race has some strategy involved with it.

Most runners will pace themselves for the first 3 laps or so and stay close enough to the leader and then sprint.

A good time for a high school runner is male--4:50 and female 5:20. or somewhere around that

• 1 decade ago

the fastest mile ran in the world in the world

is around 3.35 its held i think by a kenyn but

it all depends on how good a runner you are

only in the last 10 years has the 5 minute mile

been consisrtancely broken

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.