Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Why doesnt my cd-r work???

i just copied files to a cd a couple of days ago. its a hp 80 min 700 mb cd. i burned all my files to it. wenever i put it in my cd it never works. it will tell me that the device isnt ready or wen i click in the icon it'll show nothing. i kno this is the rite cd. wen i put it into my bro's laptop it shows up in windows media player. and wen i click on the icon nothing shows up.

i have win 98 and my brother has xp

why isnt my cd working????

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Get a new one!

• 1 decade ago

check to see if your cd rom is showing in windows explore... windows 98 had a habit of losing the cd rom drives.. you may have to go into device manager and remove the cd rom drive then reboot let it fine new hardware and set it up for you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you burned the cd on his XP, and tryed to play it on your 98, it might not work. I have that problem.

• 1 decade ago

Put the cd back in your burner and finalize it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.