Permantely strightening your hair.?

About how much does it cost...like 1000, 10000, 100? And does it stay stright? Does it damage your hair. Any wedbistes you know of that I can read about it?

Favorite Answer

There is no such thing as "permanently" straightening hair. What you are asking about is "chemically" straightening your hair. Hair is made up of keratinized protein and can be chemically altered...either made curly or made straight. Whether chemically curling or chemically straightening, neither process is "permanent." However, both processes can be hard on the hair. Done improperly the results can cause damage ranging from minor dryness to total breakage. The cost varies from salon to salon and location to location. My suggestion to you would be a good ceramic flat iron and a good heat protective product such as Chi, Iron Guard. Available at salons.

Source(s): beauty industry 38 yrs

I wouldn't do anything permanent. What I used to do to my hair is buy a home perm and instead of putting rollers in my hair, when I would put the solution on my hair I would just spend the next 30 minutes or so brushing it straight. Afterwards I would use the neutralizer just like when doing a perm, and voila, straight hair. And it lasts for quite a while too.

• It depends on your nationality greatly. If your African American i would say DO NOT relax your hair. In the long run it's very damaging to your hair. The best thing I ever bought was the Maxis HairGlide Straightner. it amazing. If your white I'd say go for the Chinese straightner my girfriend has ver cury hair but it worked like a charm she still had to use a straightner but it took less time.

I had the Bio Ionic straightening done on my hair about 2 years ago. Despite my stylist being trained and having done this to many clients before me, when i got home (after 8 HOURS of pure, smelly chemical, burning torture) I discovered little buzz cut patches all over my scalp. Now my hair is thick enough that it wasn't noticeable, but PLEASE avoid doing this to yourself. It was horrible that she didn't even tell me my hair was falling out!!! I paid 600 plus 130 tip!! OK granted, my hair was like a sleek curtain for about 6 mos until it started growing in. But I wouldn't subject myself to this again.

Yeh u can do it i can do it for u it'll cost 10 grand and it last for a day and then during the night ur hair fall out then you'll be baldy locks in the morning so giv me a ring if u wanna have it done ok my no is -07999347473

I have chemically straightened before and it lasts as long as a perm does. I think it costed me $80 but I have long hair. It is somewhat damaging so if you get it and then get it again, always get just the roots re-done.

I think get some good straightners will help.

I'm no girl but even I know that. Anyway there more cheaper and you can undo it anytime you want. If you spend loads then change your mind the if its really perament you won't ever be able to have curls again.

You should just get a good straightener like a chi.Permanant solutions kill ur hair and cost too much for what they do.

• ?

Stupid idea!! Just get some good straighteners.. permenantly straightening you hair dries it out and it's really difficult to do other stuff with it and you'll never have natural waves but in answer to your question, wikipedia's probably got something on it.

My friend got it done for a few hundred dollars at a pretty prestige salon. It shouldn't damage your hair, but most often it gets very dry and lifeless.