Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How can I make good Loose Curls in my hair?

I have frizzy curly/wavy hair, I straighten my hair almost everyday (I know it's not good for your hair) and i need an alternative to straightening. So i need some help making my hair have loose curls without using the flat iron, does anyone have any answers or other ways i can style my hard to manage hair?

Favorite Answer

first of all, good for you for giving up the flat iron. secondly, you do have options. if frizzz is the only real problem, use Bouncy Creme by ISO. works GREAT. eliminates friz and defines curls without being stiff. or you can put hair in largish curlers at night and buy a hood/bonnet dryer. when dry, undo curlers, put hair in ponytail on top of head to sleep. in the morning simply let it down, shake spray and scrunch. by the way, setting lotion or mouse for the curlers. if you choose this regimen, be sure to use clarifying shampoo once a week or so followed by good conditioner. this will remove buildup from products that lock out moisture and dry hair.

Source(s): cosmetologist

When you get out of the shower, put a curl serum completely through your wet hair after finger combing out any really big snarls, then towel it dry. Then, using a large diffuser, dry your hair in one inch sections by twisting each section gently and laying it in the upward-pointing diffuser until it is dry or nearly dry. This should give you soft, pretty curls.

Source(s): TLC's show "Ten Years Younger"