Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Getting a job, and liking someone that works there?

Im thinking of applying for this job where this girl i like works. WE have been eyeing each other for a long time, but the problem is i cant go and just talk to her because she works in a restricted area. I really like her, obviously im not sure if she likes me or if she is shy. Everytime i look she might look at me when im not looking and when i look at her she looks away. The other thing i have been thinking is would it be wise getting a job there or would it make things worse. I just need to know if this girl likes me. I hate it when you like someone and its hard to actually make a step in going up. It can just make you more skeptical.

Favorite Answer

it sounds like a bad idea. What if you do get the job, and work closely with her only to find out she doesn't like you? Or if she does like you, that would probably complicates things at work. There has got to be a better way to get her attention than work directly with her.

Is there any way to bump into her during lunch, in the break room, etc.? Are there mutual co-workers, acquaintances in the office?

Never ever get involved with someone you work with. Some companies have policies against dating and one or both of you might have to quit. It never works out and then you have to deal with the emotion of seeing them everyday. I don't recommend it.

Source(s): Experience

2 words- Bad idea. Workplace romances are nothing but pure drama!