Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Is it true the owner or president of Proctor and Gamble sold his sole to the devil?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Rachel
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really don't think that back in 1837 (when the company was formed) anyone sold their soul to the devil. I also really don't think the current president sold his soul either, as it took him over 20 years as a P&G employee to attain that position.

RE: the moon and stars logo: Many claimed that the logo was a mockery of a Bible passage (Revelations) which describes “a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars." P&G’s former logo consists of thirteen stars surrounding a man’s face, which is etched on the moon.

It's still in use in Hong Kong and China.

Source(s): I did a paper on P&G many moons ago.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Was this sole a pet or did he catch it to eat, then change his mind? Was the devil going to eat the sole? If so, how was he going to prepare it? If not, a sole seems like an odd fish to keep as a pet.

• 1 decade ago

This urban legend refers back to the trademark symbol of a circle with a half moon man looking at a starry sky. You used to see it a lot on the packaging as recent as 5 years ago. From this artwork there are all kinds of rumors about P&G having ties to Satan. But they are just that. Rumors!

http://www.handlethetruth.net

• 1 decade ago

Well no it's not true.

You can't sell your shoes (sole) to the devil

he he

just kidding.

There is some speculation about this. Some people have thought the symbol on the old p&g items had some correllation to demonism.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You mean the sole of his shoe or the sole he caught on his last fishing trip?

• 1 decade ago

Why would the devil want to buy his sole???

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes. and the devil said it smelled so bad he bought him a pair of new balance.

• 1 decade ago

No. That is an urban legend -- a big lie.Check it out at Snopes.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If he did so what. does it mean my soap is a tool of Satan?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.