Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

best adventure movie ever?

which do u think is the best adventure/historical/action movie ever?

( personally i'm torn between Gladiator, Lord of the rings, king kong, Troy, Braveheart, King Arthur, The Patriot and The matrix. these are some my favourites...any feedback on these? did u like them? if not why? which is your fave?

a film fan

Favorite Answer

For an adventure film... gotta go with Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's hard for me to lump all of those into one single category as equals. You can have action movies w/o martial arts and vice versa, you can have historical movies without any action or adventure at all.

But, some thoughts on the movies you've mentioned...

Gladiator. Good movie, but some of the historical context problems bothered me (I did Latin competitions in school and was my undergraduate minor).

LOTR- Great flims, but those I think Fantasy first and not Action or Adventure

King Kong- never thought of Kong as an adventure or action movie, just a Monster movie.

Troy- They butchered the story of the Trojan War completely. Read The Illiad.

Braveheart- good movie... more historical drama than action to me.

King Arthur and Patriot- didn't see them.

Matrix- good movie, more sci fi than action or adventure to me.

• eggman

The first Indiana Jones movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark set a new standard in Hollywood for action adventure film making...

Also good are Willow, Dragon Slayer, several of the James Bond Movies, Die Hard, The Transporter, and the entire Star Wars saga.

My favorites would have to be The Goonies, Willow, Shipwrecked (1991), The Three Musketeers (1993), Annie (1982), The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993), Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Moon-Spinners...guess I'm just a kid at heart.

My favorite adventure movies are LOTR, the Indiana Jones movies (though I'm not crazy about the 2nd one), Star Wars (the original trilogy), the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

There are a lot of good adventure movies out there.

Lord of the Rings series. Maybe not in the strictest sense "adventure," but exceptional filmmaking. Cuddos to New Line Cinema's CEO Robert Shaye for backing the project.

• kitty

The only adventure movie , I like is Pireates of the carribean , 1 and 2.

King Kong

Robin Hood: Men In Tights

For me its Braveheart because the story is very touching. I cried everytime I watch it! I also love Pirates of the Carribean because Johnny Depp's role is so hilarious!

LOTR is really good, but I like Raiders of the Lost Ark myself