How can i get my friend to stop cutting herself??

Me and my other friend thought we had cured it, but obvoisly not. We were passing notes saying this: Stop cutting yourself!

no, it doesnt hurt.

still, we are really worried about you.

Im not hurting myse;lf so get out of my buisinuuss.

Im going to take you to a councelor if you dont stop.

then we made sure that the teacher got ahold of the note and we thought that she had stopped. But then we soon found out she was cutting just her upper arms and told her to stop it. We wre on the brink of giving her to the counciler, then she started going out with this really "bad" guy. she says she has stopped because of him, i dont beilive her. And what happens this guy dumps her> HELP!

• Favorite Answer

Make sure the girl's parents know.

You might also suggest 1-800-DONT-CUT, it's a hotline for cutters.

Self mutilation is a problem. Some times it is the only release a person has to stop "hurting". People cut themselves on various parts of their bodies to avoid being detected.

I have seen people who have no intention of "hurting" themself, cut too deep and do some permanent damage. Your friend needs help. She will not stop just because she got caught. She needs another way to stop the pain. Go to the same teacher that got the first note. She will know your concerns are valid and will find the right way to proceed.

Source(s): I work in Mental Health.

I feel her pain and yours. I for many years cut my arm. My left arm has permanent and significant scars. This can be a very delicate situation. If you push to hard, she may do some thing rash. If you ignore her, she may continue to get worse. She wants the attention and needs the help but doesn't know how to ask and is worried what people will think. She probably thinks no one will listen or just tell her that its not that bad and to "deal with it". Try to get her to a counselor at school, or try to talk to her parents. She needs professional help. Self-mutilation is the 3rd most common problem amoung young women, after anorexia and bulemia. Please get her help.

Source(s): Personal experience.

DON,T STOP . IF SHE IS YOUR FRIEND YOU WOULD ALREADY BE AT THECOUNCELOR,S TAKE HER THERE NOW IT,S NOT TO LATE ,SHE WILL THANK YOU LATTER