Jackie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

anybody know a good diet?

I just had a baby 4 1/2 months ago, and I still have the weight on me, I have a low metabolism, but I have been exercising, I cut down on my food too, but nothing seems to work, maybe a diet pill of some sort? what worked for you?

Favorite Answer

Weight loss Success comes from FINDING WHAT WORKS then DOING WHAT WORKS.

I can help you with the first but the second part is up to you.

Before you can turn your body into a fat burning machine, here’s what needs to happen: your body fat needs to be released from the fat cells. You can accomplish this step successfully with your nutrition program. Here are some specific tips that you can apply right away to achieve that.

1.Eat 4-6 small, frequent meals and never skip meals.

2.Eat natural foods; avoid processed & refined foods

3.Eat lean proteins with each meal.

4.Eat more complex carbs, fruits & vegetables.

5.Drink plenty of water

How does your body burn the fat?

When you go on a restrictive diet and then combine it with excessive cardiovascular workouts. You are destined to reach the dreaded weight loss plateau.

Here is the reason behind the plateau; you have burned more muscle tissue than fat with your workouts (and restrictive dieting). This is the worst thing that could happen if you want long term and permanent results.

Let me explain.

Excessive cardio + restrictive dieting = Less Muscle mass = slower metabolism = Weight loss plateau = Yo-Yo dieting

So how do you break this vicious cycle?

How to burn fat instead muscle mass?

You need to do some MODERATE cardio training. The key word here is moderate.

Combining restrictive dieting with too much cardio can be detrimental and I am sure you have seen those people that are doing cardio on a daily basis and still not getting anywhere. The result is a low metabolism. Low metabolism means, your body fat is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Here is what you need to do:

1.Do some moderate cardio training; the key word here is moderate

2.Never “diet” but consume just a little fewer calories than you do burn on a daily basis (No starvation diets, Please...)

Your muscle tissue is your best friend when it comes to burning body fat. You need to preserve muscle tissues in order to keep losing weight.

Most people go on a starvation diet combined a lot of cardio to lose weight. At first it may seems like this is working because the scale is saying so.

Now think about, scale weight does not tell you if weight loss is from fat, water or muscle tissue. Starvation diets combined with excessive cardio make you lose mostly muscle mass, water weight.

Scale weight by itself is not a good indicator of success.

The solution

To maintain muscle mass you need to:

Do some resistance training. (This is not optional, it is mandatory)

CHANGE IS HARD, but it's also worth it. Not getting results makes change EXTREMELY HARD.

Get support from friends, family or a coach who knows about body transformation. Losing weight is not as hard at it seems once you know what works for YOU.

Visit http://www.charlesblain.com to get the Forbidden Weight Loss Secrets™ Mini-Course.

I lost 76 pounds on Weight Watchers. You eat fruits, vegetables, protein, milk and even snacks. There are also many other additions to this menu. They're always updating it. They also have frozen dinners and desserts, and cookies and muffins. There is a 1-800 number you could call and check it out. Sometimes it's better to have group support than to try to do it alone. I wish ya luck!

beware of hidden sugars

• Agnes

when sitting draw in your ab muscles and tap your toes

search the web for "water as medicine" or "water therapy " and u will find answer to improve poor metabolism and kind of diet and precausions u should follow..this is general suggestion.. any expert can guide u better..in order to get rid of extra weight as in your case also search "aqua massage" from the web and if u find o.k. go ahead... wish u good health

The only thing that always works for me is cutting down on carbs. You don't have to cut them out completely, but to keep them limited really helps. Especially sugar...

chug 12 8 ounce glasses of ice water a day it has the same effect on your metabolism as green tea

just read about the reverse diet... the author lost 100 pounds in 4 months eating dinner for breakfast,and cereal for dinner....

...chicken, and broccoli for breakfast,and lunch,and shredded wheat for dinner... worth at least trying..

soups can be both filling and comforting try making a garden or bean soup with low salt broth and store in portion sized cups for later

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace