I am using drops to soften the wax build up in my ear. How long will it take for the wax to dissipate?

The doctor put me on drops to soften the bad wax build up I have in my right ear. It is a little painful and I can't hear. How long will it take for the drops to remove the wax? And I know--no more q-tips!!

Favorite Answer

Your doctor put you on Over the Counter ear drops? Based on personal experience, that doesn't sound right. The three times in my life that my ears got clogged to the point I needed a professional cleaning, the doctor used this rather interesting device that I would compare to a Water Pic. Cleaned 'em out in under five minutes. Go to a Ear Nose and Throat specialist and have 'em clean your ears out. It's also a remarkably pleasant experience.

• Ceci

I have to wear ear-plugs at night. After going to her to get the wax removed, she told me to run water in them while washing my hair. She said to do this a couple of times a week. I know this may not help you at the moment, but try it once the wax is gone.

• iroc

I had the same about two days of consistent use,..the wax will eventually pour right out of the ear very strange feeling!

Good Luck!

Source(s): life

Sounds like a infection symptoms.. Go see a doctor before it becomes worst and painful.

i had that problem a week ago, and i was given ammoxacilin to take and some drops, that was last friday, and now they are as good as new