94 grand am dome light?

my moms dome light will not shut off. i have looked all over for the switch activated by opening the door. any clue where i can find this or have you had this problem before. thanks for any help you can give me. mark

i'm looking for the door switch for the dome light.

Favorite Answer

It is most likely 2 possibilities. 1. your door switch is likely staying in the closed position giving electricity to you light all the time or the switch in the dome light is broke causing a closed contact to your light all the time. If you need further help in this you can go to my group and join

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Do_It_Yourself...

This group is designed to help others in any repairs or maintenance for their own vehicles. You will find that this group the most informative group ever. We do have colored wiring diagrams, code diagnostics, or step by step help when needed. Everybody gets stumped once in a while and we have good techs here that can help each other out. We also have people that are shade tree and need help themselves.

• owes

Are you particular you checked all the fuses? My Jeep has a minimum of two fuse boxes lower than the hood to boot to the a million lower than sprint. in the journey that they are all strong, then the electric powered firewall bypass-via to the lower back of the interior fuse field, is the likely challenge. If not that, seek for loose or corroded gang connectors.