Bush has funnelled 2 billion into "faith based" programs. Do you approve? Disapprove?

Favorite Answer

I was torn on this issue from the beginning. While I would never allow my parish to take a dime of Federal $$$ - there are groups who have done some really great things with the money. They are much better equipped to help the poor and needy that the government is...and their costs are much lower than traditional charities like United Way.

I would have to say I approve - but barely. Unfortunately government will always throw money at problems so they might as well give them to local faith based organizations ( who are closer to the problem - with better ideas on how t solve them). If you leave it in the hands of government bureaucrats the money will be wasted and the problems would get worse.

The best way in truth is to stop paying the feds for anything more then the military protection ( not aggression elsewhere) of our boundaries. Then use the saved monies to the local level and help those closest to you

Hello =)

LJ, Was YA Religion and Spirituality one of those "programs"??

Sometimes I get the feeling that some government agency must have bought a mess of desktop systems for low-income people across the Bible Belt, just to keep them entertained...

But, of course, that is mere conjecture......

Namaste, and Happy New Year,

--Tom

Disapprove strongly, government should not be supporting any religion or religious based activity.

Since I have no knowledge of what faith based programs he funneled money into I cannot agree or disagree.

• Mimi

Did they feed the poor or help with education. If not then I Disapprove.

• djm749

It depends on the results produced. Maybe it might take the burden off the government in the long run.

• Atlas

Approve. There is nothing more important to our children than their egumacation.

disapprove

• Elly

disapprove