mopey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

what is the difference between broasted chicken and fried chicken?

Favorite Answer

Fried Chicken is traditionally battered chicken that is fried by placing in in hot oil until crispy brown crust is present, turned and cooked evenly.

Broasted chicken is battered and cooked in oil as well, but deep fried in a pressure cooker. It instantly locks in all the juices by immersion process cooking all sides of meat at once.

Both are very tasty, but broasted seems to be less dry.

Source(s): Used to cook in a diner.

Broasted Chicken

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference broasted chicken fried chicken: https://tr.im/OqZ3c
  • Maria

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/IKKco

Frying actually means "cooked in oil or butter". I oven fry chicken all the time. It's a much healthier way of frying chicken, because you only need about 2T of oil for several pieces. The trick is to heat the pan and the oil in the oven before you put the battered chicken in. Baked chicken is good, too. You coat the chicken with your seasoning and bake it on a cookie sheet or in a pan. You don't use oil in the baking, but the recipe might call for some on the chicken.

• MB

Broasted is a cooking process trademarked by the Broaster Company of Beloit, Wis. in 1954. It requires the use of the Broaster, a large commercial stainless steel pressure fryer made for the restaurant industry and not available for home use. The Company-produces marinade, seasonings, coatings and condiments. Broasting is a high-pressure cooking method that is supposed to make chicken moist and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, i.e., not unlike plain fried chicken, but not as greasy, either. Broasting is not only the process of frying chickens under pressure, but includes a special marinating process, and it is NOT available to home cooks.

• Tamara J4 years agoReport

Well then, we ve been eating broasted chicken for years. That s exactly how KFC is prepared. I worked at GINO S, as a teen, that sold Kentucky Fried Chicken, It s marinated and deep fried in a pressure cooker fryer.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU5qU

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

When I was in elementary school the cafeteria served what they called broasted chicken. It was in a flat tray and it was like baked chicken but for some reason it was much better. It was delish. I don't know what they did to it and there was no batter. I would like to know how to make it.

Fried chicken is floured and fry in grease on top of the stove and broasted chicken is floured and cook under pressure is oil. It really is good this way and no greasey taste either.

Broasted is under pressure and very much good yes.

CFar

Baytown

I've seen restaurants that serve broasted and roasted chicken. I would think that the chicken is broiled and roasted, meaning they do both cooking methods to it. I think they roast the chicken for tenderness but then they put it under the broiler for the nice brown crispy skin....don't quote me because I'm just saying what I personally think. I definately know that fried chicken is just what it is......FRIED in plenty of oil with a crispy breading or batter on it.