How long should I give someone space to get over their ex?

I'm really getting impatient! I don't know how long I should wait before I should try to make plans for us to hang out and chill like friends do. Should I wait for her to come around to me or should I start talking to her first... Although I want more than friendship, how long should I wait before I try to be her friend? Also, should I offer her my ear and shoulder to her while she is trying to get over her ex? Help me, please? I'm desperate!!!!!

Favorite Answer

all you can do is let her know,if she needs you,you are there for her,but continue on with your life

She will be the one to decide when she is ready,not anyone else and pushing her or giving a deadline,is not realistic for either parties

Getting over her ex can take A LOT of time, and I mean A LOT of time! It's been 4 years since I have broken up with my ex and I'm still not completely over him. He was my first love which adds an extra year to recovery. They say you never forget your first love so if this guy is her first love, that just digs your hole deeper, unfortunately. But if you are really interested in getting to know her, you will get over your desperate desires and wait for her. Good Luck!

She needs her space.Unfortunately in a lot of causes the first person that a person dates after a break up ends up being a rebounder.Just something to keep in mind.But be the best Friend you can It will make a difference. good luck.

offering a ear or shoulder is a great idea as long as she is wanting to tell you.....dont force her to tell you. help her give her advice be her friend and i promise it will work out!!

Best of Luck

the best way for her to get over her ex is to honestly hope on the next guy... hey its true

try and b her friend first then when u no that she over him go 4 it!!!

good luck!!!

being her friend is fine, but don't be friends just cuz you want her to be your girlfriend. be with her cuz because you like her and hopefully things will evolve from there.