Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

i have this laptop but i do not intend to use the battery , should i leave the battery in the laptop or not ?

being disabled and therefor having difficulties removing the battery i prefer to leave it in the laptop but i don't want to ruin the battery either...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes leave it in but only run the charger every few days.this way if you have a power failuer you will not need to worry about damage to you pc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Alex S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't know how you're disabled but removing the

battery from most laptops is a matter of turning it

upside down, pressing one or two buttons and lifting

it out of the socket. So it's a 1 hand, 2 finger thing.

If you can't remove it without difficulties I'd suggest

to use it. I'm pretty sure you're somewhat able to

turn of the power supply by either pulling the plug

on the laptop or using a outlet strip with a switch.

Most modern batteries don't have big issues with

not being properly handled. But even those can

and most likely will fail at some point.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YES!! Leave the battery in the laptop. The D.C. charger has no filter circuit, and thus, there is a large D.C. ripple voltage. The batttery acts as a D.C. filter, which removes the ripple and provides a more pure D.C. voltage to the circuitry!

• 1 decade ago

No, if you are not going to use the battery, take it out and just use your AC adapter because if you keep the battery in your computer while using it through AC power all the time, then it's going to waste your battery life. So keep the battery outside and use AC adapter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is recommended that you remove the battery if you are going to plug the laptop in.

Source(s): A+ Certification
  • 1 decade ago

u should leave the battey where it is.it will function as a backup in emergency situations.but i am curious;why did u buy a laptop if u are not taking it around?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.