Why is my hair is falling out by the root?

It's not falling out in patches just piece by piece and everytime I take a shower like 10 to 20 full strands seem to fall out. I'm very good to my hair, I take vitamins, sleep on a satin pillow case, eat healthy, don't use heat styling, and pretty much anything else that could possibly be good for my hair. I've searched almost every website imaginable and have not been able to find a clear answer. I'm young and I used to have very thick, long hair and now it is thinning especially around the nape of my hair.

I just wanted to add that I don't smoke, have never been pregnant and haven't had any stress related issues recently, I also don't wear hats or scarves so I don't think that could be the problem. I've been using the same shampoo for a long time and it has alays been good to my hair. I have noticed dandruff at my scalp which i haven't had before and I don't know what could be causing it.

Favorite Answer

It is completely normal to lose hair everyday. I've read that 100 per day is normal, so you need not to worry, especially because of the good way you treat your hair.

However, if you are worried, a visit to the doc could help. My mom suffered from hair loss and the doctor told her that she should use baby shampoo and not wash it everyday, but to wet it when she doesn't. Sounds weird, but it's the doctor advice.

Hope this helps.

• Erika

Hair loss isn't a rapid hearth phenomenon. Hair loss or baldness takes a protracted time, till otherwise with the aid of fact of chemotherapy. no longer each and every male will journey baldness, yet for optimistic, he will have skinny hair over a volume of time. inspite of the actual shown fact that lot of examine has taken place in this section, no longer something maximum concepts-blowing has been stumbled directly to arrest hair loss or supply up balding technique. this is predicted that around a hundred hairs are lost in a 24-hour cycle. this does not mean baldness. For years wiser human beings have been discussing results of nutrition plan on baldness. healthy silica, calcium & iron wealthy nutrition plan can shrink hair loss or arrest baldness. examine in the previous have shown that silica therapy slowed baldness. Shampoo containing organic and organic silica replaced into stumbled directly to help ward off baldness, stimulate hair enhance and assure captivating shine, luster and power. Outer coverings of potatoes, eco-friendly & pink peppers and cucumbers incorporate silica. Bean sprouts are additionally extreme in silica. consume total meals collectively with sprouts.

Stress, giving birth, anti-depressants, thyroid issues or genetics I am suffering with the same thing and mine is all of the above, minus the thyroid issues, and falls out in gobs...Yuck!!

Well sometimes stress and tension can cause severe hair lose =)

You need enoough sleep and a balanced diet

Good Luck =)

stress can cause your hair to fall out and also to much washing it you should only wash hair twice a week. &ever 6 weeks go for a trim

You lose over a hundred hairs aday. This is normal. If you look at the hair line closely you will see regrow.

you should check the shampoo your using it mayhave a cause on your hair if you smoke then stop that can cause hair to fall out too.

IF IT'S AROUND THE NAP OF YOUR HAIR IT'S PROBABLY THE HATS OR SCARFS YOU ARE WEARING,USE TEA TREE CONDITIONER,I TRIED IT AND IT WORKS FOR THE TOP OF MY HEAD WHERE MY HAIR WAS COMING OUT

i think its normal well i dont do what u do i haveto use heating appliances but when before i didnt use all that stuff mine use to do that. and it still does. well i hope this helps :)

maybe you need to eat more protein...i don't know! i lose a bunch when i wash my hair as well...