Does anyone know a good nickname?

My friend hates her name. Her name is Simone and half the people who meet her cant even pronounce it because they are culturely challenged. Its a french female name but people always confuse it with the male name Simon leaving her gender disturbed. She went through each first day of school since preschool with everyone expecting a boy named Simon during roll call. Nicknames or helpful hints would be much appreciated but please nothing odd or irrelevant like cookie cake or something other.

Favorite Answer

How about Si? (pronounced Sy) Or Mona? Or Mony (from a famous song)?

It's a shame that people have to be so ignorant when pronouncing names. It's so offensive to person that they so carelessly pronounced. Simone is a pretty name, it comes off as a very smooth and jazzy name. I would refer to her as something simple and less complex like MONA ! It's simple but yet still sounds feminine and less work for the culturely-challenged to pronounce.

Source(s): Pick me for best answer ♥
  • al b

Ooooooooo I wouldn't want to see her hide behind a nick name. Simone is a very sophisticated and sexy name. The trick is that she has to assert herself when someone mispronounces it and demand the mininmum of respect by at least pronouncing her name right. In the long run, she will be much happier and a much better/stronger person.

Sessa

• D N

Call her Sunny as I believe that will express her personality.

Maybe you should start referring to her as "Your Highness"

sam

mona

minni

sammy

go by her middle name

Simi would work