Should there be a penalty?

like deleted points to some people who have no intention of answering the questions, but just some stupid answer just to get 2 points.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There already is, just like frivilous questions

report them and costs 10 points

I think those that maliciously report people should lose 1000 points or have their account suspended!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You might get some sarcastic answers with this question. I personally think it is a great question. Sometimes yahoo answers DOES take points off for someone who just puts " thanks for the two points ". There are thousands and thousands of people who use this feature, and it is very difficult for yahoo answers to keep up with everything let alone taking points off for doing that.

I do not think that they should put it into the feature to take points off for saying that though. I personally think that yahoo answers needs to spend more time takeing points away or deleteing questions for stupid or inappropriate behavior. Which, apperently is just what it is doing.

The next question I think you should ask is, " Is it right for yahoo answers to delete a question without fully reading it to see it's intent first? "

I asked a question once about a pussycat dolls song, it was nothing inappropriate and yahoo answers wasted a few seconds on me to delete my question when they could of spent it on deleteing a rasict \, or one of these bone heads too drunk to put thier words together properly questions.

Great question, have a great day!

• 1 decade ago

Well, actually there is, see you gotta report such answers as Not A Question or Answer state the reasons why it didn't fullfil your expectations on the same report form (Just click on the little red flag next to the thumbs up / down) and that content will be erased and the answeree will be stripped of up to 10 points by administrators depending on how many thumbs down s/he gets.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. I believe there should simply for the fact that it ruins the purpose Yahoo! Answers is for. To share knowledge and help other people. It's pretty stupid some people do that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yes, that sounds correct, since it is gaming for points. I think if an answer gets pulled for a violation, you should lose three points. I know they penalize you points for other things. Do they take away points for this?

What am I talking about, the points hardly matter!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Nope, the system is just fine. After answering intelligent bona-fide questions with detailed and responsive answers for a few hours -- I like to take a break by answering idiotic questions (like yours.)

• 1 decade ago

There should be ! Better still I'd vote to delete STUPID questions!

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so, because who is the judge of how stupid the answer is?

• 1 decade ago

nope, this is one of those questions where i am jusyt tring to get to points.

fyi maybe there should be a penalty for the people that write those questions like you lmao

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lol, your just giving points with this question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.