Joe
Joe asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

How do I get candle wax out of the padding under the carpet?

A candle of mine melted a hole out the side and leaked a TON of wax out onto the table and floor. I would say a good 5-6 ounces of wax was sitting in a pool on the floor when I found it. I did the best I could to slop up most of it but it must have leaked through the carpet and into the padding underneath. That area of the floor is very hard and I'm not sure how to get to it besides pulling the rug up. Is there a company that offers repair/cleaning service for things like this without replacing the whole carpet?

Favorite Answer

This is a very difficult issue your dealing with. Fortunately padding is cheap. I would suggest that you cut the wax out of padding and replace the padding. Put the carpet back over it and step on it.

Put brown paper bag over it and iron it, the wax will absolve into the paper.

Source(s): m
  • john t

YOU SAID UNDER THE CARPET ON THE PADDING?

I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT IT