what happens when you get what you want???

Favorite Answer

Happiness, Depending on what it is I recieved could be Bliss!

• Anpadh

It really depends on what you want. If you want union with god, then, once you have it, you do not want/need anything else.

If you want material things (not necessarily physical but just material -- including abstract things like good grades, honor, power, etc). then you end up taking care of them or losing them. If you lose them, then, mostly, you want to recover them. If you manage to keep them, you want to either enhance them or continuously work on a system of maintaining/holding on to them. For instance, if you get your dream house, you have to work to keep it in good shape, your whole life. If you get money, you have to find a way of protecting it your whole life. If you are3 very powerful, you have to constantly make sure someone else does not try to take it away from you, in some way. If you have earned an honor, you must make sure that you behave honorably the rest of your life or you will lose that honor. Alternatively, you will want a a higher level of the same thing (a bigger house, a faster car, etc).

Or, of course, you can always be satisfied with as much (or as little) as you have, at any given moment in life, and not crave for more.

I guess you have to reason to doubt your instincts. You might not have gotten what you really wanted depending on circumstances of your want! For example, if I want now a million dollars, and mysteriously I get it, I have to ask myself keenly, why I got it given my present state of want!It may be a bait to extreme regret.

It can either make you feel very happy or sad it all depends on what you wanted, I usually try to keep my wants and needs separately and when I get what I want (which is usually positive) I am very happy, even elated.

I'll answer this philosophically and metaphorically in a quote of mine.

"One can never satisfy the appetite of a Monster. To FEED it only causes it to feel more Hunger."

Steven Wolf

Ask Willy Wonka he answered this at the end of the book and the movie

Often times in life you find out that you didn't really want it after all.

• ?

I'm happy for a while then I want something else.

well, for the average narcissist sociopath, that's satisfying for a nano-second, and then he wants more, and yet more. sound like any "successful" person you know?

• Whether that thing becomes disappointing, or you want more and more to increase your joy...