bowel feces color change while pregnant?

I know this is sick but is it normal to have bowel movements that are green while you are pregnant? I was getting worried that it was'nt normal but people have told me that it is. Has anyone else had this happen?

Favorite Answer

Your digestive tract slows down, and you tend to produce more bile. This can cause a lot of different coloured poop, including grean. Also food colouring will effect you more. Blue and purple food colouring will turn your poop neon green. Eating a lot of green veggies can turn your poop green, so can iron suppliments from your prenatal vitamins.

Your digestive system changes a lot and slows down some while PG. I always noticed a lot of color changes based on what I ate while PG. Also, the green color could be due to the increased amount of iron you are getting from you PNV's.

nothing to worry..i am 6 weeks pregnant and have the same issues..do you have any iron supplements? Iron supplements can cause green bowl movement. most prenatal vitamins have iron. So, I think you have nothing to worry, except if you have severe diarrhea for more than few days…