How would I find out about a murder in Grove City, OH?

We are trying to find out if someone was murdered in a friends house in the last 10 years. We can find things in the last 30 days, as well as alot of other murders, but none in Grove City, OH. She has only lived there a short time, and was told by the Real Estate agent that there had been a death. But wasn't given any more info than that. Any ideas on where I could find such information??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The local courthouse would be another good place to look. Tax information and land/deeds would indicate who owned or lived in a property and when it was sold. The department of birth and death certificates can also pinpoint when a previous owner abruptly ceased to own the property. Once an previous owner with a sudden death has been identified, the newspaper search will be easier. The open records act will also allow a determined investigator to check the local police files. The cover page of any report is available. How do you think the reporters on the "police beat" get there information?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Check with the local newspaper for area: " The Columbus Dispatch" archives.. Local library might be a resource, or go to a local cheap restuaraunt or coffeee shop & ask the "Q-Tips" there ( grey heads that is & I am one). The latter may be the easiest method.

• 1 decade ago

Go to the local library and they should have the local paper archived and you can look it up there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.