what would be the best wireless internet?

• Favorite Answer

Depends what you mean by wireless internet.

Wireless networking comes in many flavours some of the most popular today are:

WiFi which is what most people think of when they talk of wireless network but even under WiFi there are various types 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11g is the current standard, with 802.11n soon to be adopted as a standard indeed preN devices are turning up all over the place, but until its a standard you are best of with using 802.11G

Bluetooth/GSM are two other networking tools bluetooth is similar to WiFi with a smaller range, while GSM is the method used by your phone and is like using a modem.

Of course if you were referring to hardware I always prefer lynksys for personal use, but recommend Dlink to new users as they are almost idiot proof.

I guess you're talking about a wireless ISP vs. a wireless router within your house. If so, mobile Wi-MAX is making out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, you will have to wait a year or two for it to become more broadly deployed.

If you need nationwide access, one of the big phone carriers is what you want: Sprint, Vodaphone or Verizon. If you just need it within your town, there may be a local Wi-Fi provider that would suit you.

• snvffy

I doubt there is a best as far as hardware goes. But I am very partial to the Linksys because their mother company Cisco is the business leader in comm. And the times I've had to call Linksys for support for my home network, THEY ARE TOP-NOTCH tech support.

802.11n, but 802.11g for now